Ireland One year-old died after choking on 'tiny' plastic object, inquest hears

10:45  11 january  2018
10:45  11 january  2018 Source:   Dublin Live

Tragic Mayo woman died trying to save her dog from being hit by train, inquest hears

  Tragic Mayo woman died trying to save her dog from being hit by train, inquest hears The accident happened at a level crossingBridget McHale, (70), Knockshanvalley, Straide, Foxford, was hunched over her beloved ‘Prince” when she was struck by the Manulla to Ballina passenger train on April I last.

A nine month old toddler choked to death as she was being fed shepherds pie on her third day at a privately run children's nursery, an inquest heard . ''I was dropped off by friend at the hospital and I ran in to A&E and asked to see Millie. I talked to doctor but she confirmed Millie had died .''

By Louise Roseingrave. An inquest has heard that a 19-month- old baby girl died after ingesting a foreign material that fatally damaged her oesphagus. Baby Stephanie Fazylova swallowed tiny pieces of plastic perspex that lodged in the lining of her oesphagus or food pipe.

Flickr/Informatique © Flickr/Informatique Flickr/Informatique A baby girl died after ingesting a piece of plastic that fatally damaged her oesphagus, Dublin Coroner's Court heard today.

Nineteen-month-old Stephanie Fazylova of Grace Park Heights, Drumcondra, died after she swallowed tiny pieces of plastic perspex that lodged in the lining of her oesphagus.

Her father Alexander Fazylov told the court that on June 25 2016, the day before Stephanie died, he had been minding the little girl and her older brother Ben.

The children had eaten lunch, played on their trampoline and travelled with their father to collect their mother from work.

'Cherished and adored' girl (5) died of head injuries after gate collapsed on her while she was playing with friends

  'Cherished and adored' girl (5) died of head injuries after gate collapsed on her while she was playing with friends 'Cherished and adored' girl (5) died of head injuries after gate collapsed on her while she was playing with friends A five year old girl who was trapped under a gate while playing with friends died of head injuries, an inquest has heard.Sienna Joyce, from The Ward, Ashbourne, Co Meath died on June 27 2016. Gardai will submit a file in relation to the child’s death to the Director of Public Prosecution within days, Dublin Coroner’s Court heard.

Star Wars IV actor died after choking on fish pie , inquest hears - www.dailymail.co.uk. Actor Gordon 'Drewe' Henley, formerly married to Felicity Kendal, died as a result of choking on his fish pie dinner on Valentine's Day last year , an inquest has heard .

JUSTGIVING / BILAL FAMILY. TRAGIC: Eshaan Bilal died after swallowing a piece of Lego. Eshaan Bilal was playing with his older brother at his home when the "arrow-shaped" piece of Lego became lodged in his throat.

They ate dinner together and at 9pm Stephanie was put to bed and she slept the ‘whole night through’ Mr Fazylov said.

At around 6am the following morning, June 26, Stephanie's mother Jelena heard her daughter coughing and sat up to look at her child lying in her cot next to her bed.

She told the court: "It sounded like she was going to vomit. I sat up and looked and her and then saw blood starting to come from her nose and mouth.

"I started shouting. I said, 'Stephanie don’t leave us'."

Jelena's husband jumped out of bed and called an ambulance, and the baby was rushed to Temple Street Children’s Hospital.

She continued to lose blood and a blood transfusion was carried out. Despite doctors best efforts, baby Stephanie was pronounced dead later that day.

Traditional New Year's treat blamed for more deaths

  Traditional New Year's treat blamed for more deaths Authorities annually warn people to cut mochi rice cakes into smaller pieces because of choking hazard © Getty Mochi is a Japanese rice cake made of glutinous rice pounded into paste and then molded into shape. Authorities annually warn people to cut the cakes of pounded, steamed rice into smaller pieces that are easier to eat, especially for children and the elderly. People are also advised to consume the sweet treats slowly, but they have caused multiple choking deaths over the years.

Tina Ferchal, pictured, died after choking on a sandwich at her sister's wine bar, an inquest heard . Ms Ferchal's son, 25- year - old , Daniel Bailey, of Clayton, Stoke, said: 'My mum was my best friend and she looked after me massively and it has left a huge hole in my life.

Britax recalls 71,000 car seats and travel systems due to fall hazard. 3- year - old dies after choking on toy from The danger is in not supervising your kids when you happen to know they have tiny objects in their possession. titch017. Ok, I am so sad to hear about a child dying choking on something.

The cause of death was hemorrhage and shock due to an oesophageal ulcerative lesion, due to foreign body of indeterminate nature, according to a post-mortem examination.

Pathologist Dr Deirdre Devaney told the inquest into the child's death he found found an ulcer trying to heal itself on the inside of Stephanie's oesophagus.

The ulcer had become inflamed and caused the lining of the food pipe to disintegrate close to a blood vessel. When the blood vessel became inflamed it burst and caused the bleeding that claimed the child’s life.

Under a microscope, pathology staff found tiny splinters of foreign material that appeared to have penetrated the wall of the child’s food pipe.

Dr Devaney described the objects as small clear pieces of plastic or perspex that dissolved during the chemical process used to identify it.

He said: “Many children swallow foreign objects like pennies, coins or batteries. This was just extremely unfortunate that a splinter found its way in and damaged the blood vessel wall."

The court heard that the baby had been off her food for a few days three weeks earlier. She was taken to Temple Street at this point but recovered her appetite and was healthy and well up to the day of her death.

Returning a verdict of death by misadventure, Coroner Dr Myra Cullinane said the child had swallowed something very tiny.

She concluded: “It’s very rare that there would be such a devastating outcome in the context of a tiny piece of foreign material getting lodged in the oesophagus. This is a rare and tragic event, the loss of a beautiful baby in these circumstances."

Leopards kill three children in rural India in one day .
With thousands of leopards and more than 1.3 billion people, cat attacks occur dozens of times a year across India. “By and large, the story of humans and leopards is a story of coexistence,” said Pranav Chanchani, co-ordinator of the Tiger Conservation programme at WWF-India.He said there are many millions of people living close to the leopard population, but only a tiny percentage ever face an attack.

—   Share news in the SOC. Networks

Topical videos:

This is interesting!