Ireland Dublin city centre hostel evacuated amid fire fears

12:01  18 july  2017
12:01  18 july  2017 Source:   independent.ie

Dozens of firefighters at Camden Market blaze

  Dozens of firefighters at Camden Market blaze Around 60 firefighters are battling a fire at London's Camden Lock Market this morning. London Fire Brigade said eight fire engines are at the scene of the blaze.Pictures on social media showed a significant fire with some users saying they could see the smoke from miles away.One witness tweeted: "On a night bus I just passed the start of a big fire in Camden, now at Euston I've seen lots of ambulances head north."A Metropolitan Police spokeswoman said: "Police were called on Monday at 12.10am to Camden Lock Market to reports of a fire."London Fire Brigade were already at the scene when officers arrived.

Isaac's Hostel in Dublin 's North Inner City was evacuated this morning after smoke was spotted in the building, the Irish Independent is reporting. Five units of the Dublin Fire Brigade were at the scene. Units from North Strand, HQ and Phibsboro are at the scene of a fire off Gardiner Street.

Abrahams Hostel (formerly Abraham House) has enjoyed a reputation as one of Dublin ’s finest hostels for many years. It’s situated in a beautifully restored Georgian Townhouse located in Dublin city centre

The alarm was raised just after 7.20am.

Five units of Dublin Fire Brigade, a turntable ladder and an ambulance responded to the call and emergency crews immediately set about searching for the cause of the smoke.

The building's 200 residents were evacuated as a precaution.

Members of Dublin Fire Brigade at a suspected fire in Issac's Hostel at Frenchman's Lane.Photo: Tony Gavin: Members of Dublin Fire Brigade at a suspected fire in Issac's Hostel at Frenchman's Lane. Photo: Tony Gavin © Provided by Irish Independent Members of Dublin Fire Brigade at a suspected fire in Issac's Hostel at Frenchman's Lane. Photo: Tony Gavin

Fire crews used thermal imaging cameras from on top of the turntable ladder to search for hot-spots in the roof space.

The source of the smoke was believed to have been from an accidental bin fire in a nearby building and was quickly extinguished.

Investigation launched into Kildare house fire in which two men died

  Investigation launched into Kildare house fire in which two men died The fire happened in the Tully East area.One man was aged in his 30s and the other was in his 70s.

Book Direct on the Official Website of MyPlace Hotel and Hostel in Dublin City Centre Ireland. Walking distance to the Guinness Brewery, Jameson Distillery O2 and RDS. We are ideally located in Dublin City Centre .

The D1 Hostel is located on the main accommodation street in the very centre of Dublin city . The hostel is based in a listed Georgian building with many of it's old features intact. The Hostel has both private and Shared Accommodation.

Cindy Mattern (25) and Matthis Lensch (27) are staying in the hostel and had been there just one night.

"The fire alarm went off at around 7.20am and we all left the building. There was no panic. It was quite orderly," said Cindy, from Germany.

A fire brigade spokesman said the fire and smoke detection systems in the hostel on Frenchman's Lane, just off Gardiner Street had worked effectively and they were pleased with the manner in which the evacuation was carried out.

"Thankfully there was no emergency, but where there are 200 people involved we have to be cautious and react appropriately," he said.

Major delays as chocolate lorry goes up in flames .
Motorists were told they faced hours of delays after a lorry carrying 25 tonnes of chocolate bars went up in flames on a major road. Three of the four lanes on the London-bound A2 near Bluewater shopping centre in Kent were closed on Thursday morning as firefighters were dispatched to the scene.Kent Fire and Rescue said crews managed to extinguish the blaze, which was concentrated in the lorry's cab, using a high-pressure hose reel jet with compressed air foam. © Other Three of four lanes on the A2 were closed after the fire.

Source: http://uk.pressfrom.com/news/world/ireland/-186502-dublin-city-centre-hostel-evacuated-amid-fire-fears/

—   Share news in the SOC. Networks

Topical videos:

This is interesting!