UK News House fire that killed mother and children caused by halogen heater

07:40  11 july  2017
07:40  11 july  2017 Source:   Press Association

Teens Help Rescue Baby Girl After Coming Across Car Crash That Killed Her Mother

  Teens Help Rescue Baby Girl After Coming Across Car Crash That Killed Her Mother Hunter Hasenjaeger, 16, and Collin Barry, 17, were on their way home from a friend's house when they came upon a devastating collision. Two quick-thinking teens helped rescue a baby girl whose mother was killed in an Illinois car crash.Hunter Hasenjaeger, 16, and Collin Barry, 17, were on their way home from a friend’s house just after midnight on June 30 when they came upon a devastating collision near Ridge Road in Minooka.“We could see smoke and the car on the left side [of the road],” Hasenjaeger told InsideEdition.com.

A blaze that killed a mother and her three children is believed to have been caused accidentally by a halogen heater , fire chiefs have confirmed.

A blaze that killed a mother and her three children is believed to have been caused accidentally by a halogen heater , fire chiefs have confirmed.

Emergency services at the scene of a blaze in Rosamond Street in Bolton where three children and a woman died (@aymenbolton/Twitter/PA) © Provided by The Press Association Emergency services at the scene of a blaze in Rosamond Street in Bolton where three children and a woman died (@aymenbolton/Twitter/PA)

A blaze that killed a mother and her three children is believed to have been caused accidentally by a halogen heater, fire chiefs have confirmed.

Aneesa Umerji, 40, her sons Hammad, 12, and Yusuf, 10, and five-year-old daughter Khadija died in the fire at their home in Rosamond Street, Bolton, Greater Manchester, on Saturday morning.

The father, named locally as Zubair Umerji, was taken to hospital after he jumped from a first-floor window and then attempted to smash his way back into the house to rescue his family.

Two men killed in fatal house fire overnight

  Two men killed in fatal house fire overnight Two men have died in a fatal house fire in Kildare overnight. The alarm was raised at the property at Tully East at approximately 2.40am this morning. Gardaí confirmed to Independent.ie that one victim was aged in his seventies, and the other man was aged in his thirties. Three units of the Kildare Fire Service attended the scene, as well as gardaí and ambulance crews. An investigation has now been launched into the incident. The scene is preserved pending examination today.

A blaze that killed a mother and her three children is believed to have been caused accidentally by a halogen heater , fire chiefs have confirmed. The fire started in the living room at the front of the house , said Greater Manchester Fire and Rescue Service (GMFRS).

A blaze that killed a mother and her three children is believed to have been caused accidentally by a halogen heater , fire chiefs have confirmed. The fire started in the living room at the front of the house , said Greater Manchester Fire and Rescue Service (GMFRS).

The fire started in the living room at the front of the house, said Greater Manchester Fire and Rescue Service (GMFRS).

Assistant County Fire Officer Tony Hunter said: “When anyone loses their life in a fire, it is devastating, but even more so when it involves young lives.

“Our deepest condolences go to the family, friends and the local community following this tragic incident. We are especially thinking of the father of the children who has lost his family in such terrible circumstances.

“This was a tragic accident and, over the coming days and weeks, we will be working hard to spread our safety messages and offer reassurance and advice to residents to try and make sure that this never happens again.”

Firefighters and community safety teams have visited more than 200 homes in the area since the tragedy and smoke alarms have been fitted at a number of properties.

Slideshow: All buildings that failed fire test since Grenfell disaster (Business Insider)

<p> Public bodies are scrambling to test hundreds of public buildings in the wake of the Grenfell Tower fire.</p><p> The blaze, which killed at least 80 people last month, sparked concerns that hundreds more buildings were at risk of burning down in a similar fashion.</p><p> It is now believed that aluminium-based cladding material used on the 24-storey west London high-rise helped the fire spread from inside one apartment to devastate the entire building.</p><p> At least three large categories are so far being investigated by various branches of government: Residential buildings like Grenfell Tower, NHS properties, and school buildings.</p><p> This is all of the information available so far about buildings that have failed fire safety tests. We will update this post every time new figures are announced or specific buildings are identified.</p> These are all the buildings that have failed fire safety tests since the Grenfell Tower disaster

School children trapped in Jammu as Pakistan opens fire across LoC in Nowshera .
<p>After the ceasefire violation by Pakistan, security forces were trying to rescue kids safely from the schools.</p>A group of children were left stuck inside two government schools in Jammu's Nowshera sector after Pakistan Army started indiscriminate firing across the Line of Control (LoC).

—   Share news in the SOC. Networks

Topical videos:

This is interesting!