Tech & Science Man dies while charging iPhone in bath

18:00  20 march  2017
18:00  20 march  2017 Source:   CNET

Update Twitter and free up a lot of space on your iPhone

  Update Twitter and free up a lot of space on your iPhone Twitter updated its iPhone app today with a new feature that lets users do some spring cleaning. The social network now lets users see how…The social network now lets users see how much space is taken up by all the files, photos, videos, and web data stored in the app. If you’re a heavy user, it’s likely that there will be a fair amount of data in there, and Twitter now lets you delete it. On my iPhone, which is only about six months old, I was able to free up roughly 1 GB of space being used by Twitter data (I’m a frequent user). For iPhone owners with limited storage space left, the update may well be welcome news.

A man died when he was electrocuted while charging his iPhone and using it in the bath . The coroner recorded a verdict of accidental death, saying: “These ( iPhones ) seem like innocuous devices but can be as dangerous as a hairdryer in a bathroom .

Commentary: A UK man plugged his iPhone into an outlet via an extension cord and appears to have rested the charger on his chest in the bath .

Man dies while charging iPhone in bath © Provided by CNET Man dies while charging iPhone in bath

Keep charging phones away from bathrooms. 

Richard Bull was found dead in the bathtub.

His wife found him with severe burns to his body at their home in London.

As the Daily Mail reports, when police arrived at the scene they found an extension cord leading into the bathroom from the hallway.

"We found an iPhone plugged into the extension cable and then the charger element in the bath," PC Craig Pattinson told an inquiry into Bull's death.

He added: "The extension cable was on the floor and it appeared as though he had his phone charger on his chest and the part between the phone charger and the cable had made contact with the water."

Sister Sledge's Joni dies at 60

  Sister Sledge's Joni dies at 60 Joni Sledge, vocalist with Sister Sledge, has died. A spokesperson for the group confirmed that Sledge, aged 60, had been found dead in her home in Phoenix, Arizona. The cause of death has yet to be established. The Guardian reports that a statement from the family read: “On yesterday, numbness fell upon our family. We welcome your prayers as we weep the loss of our sister, mother, aunt, niece and cousin.” Joni formed Sister Sledge with her sisters Debbie, Kim and Kathy in Philadelphia in 1971. The group struggled for years to gain recognition but their fortunes changed after meeting Nile Rodgers and Bernard Edwards of Chic. The two songwriters wrote and produced their album, We Are Family, and their first hit was the disco number 'He's The Greatest Dancer'. Sister Sledge then hit paydirt with the smash hit single, 'We are Family', in 1979, a song that still packs dancefloors to this very day. Nominated for a Grammy, the single and the album went on to sell over 1m copies. Sister Sledge went on to score further hits with 'Lost In Music', 'Thinking of You' and the UK number one, 'Frankie'.

A man died when he was electrocuted while charging his iPhone and using it in the bath . He is thought to have used an extension cord running into the bathroom from the hallway then rested the phone on his chest.

Commentary: A UK man plugged his iPhone into an outlet via an extension cord and appears to have rested the charger on his chest in the bath . Original post: Man dies while charging iPhone in bath – CNET.

The inquest concluded that 32-year-old Bull's death was caused accidental electrocution. However, the coroner, a public official who investigates suspicious, sudden or violent deaths, said he was extremely concerned that people didn't realize that phones were as dangerous near water as, say, hairdryers.

The coroner, Dr. Sean Cummings, told the inquiry: "They should attach warnings. I intend to write a report later to the makers of the phone."

Apple didn't immediately respond to a request for comment.

The Mail quoted Bull's brother Andrew as saying: "I live in the US and they say it can't happen, and that there is not enough electricity. But in the UK it is enough. You don't think there is enough electricity but there is."

6 Expected Features Of iPhone 8 .
The iPhone 8 is expected to be Apple's flagship device for 2017.While the launch of Apple’s 2017 flagship iPhone is still months away, iPhone 8 rumors have kept the hype around the device alive. The device’s main rival, Samsung Galaxy S8 is releasing on March 29 with many new features, and Apple, with its device’s release later in the year is expected to match up to, if not outdo Samsung when it comes to offering smartphone features to consumers.

Source: http://uk.pressfrom.com/news/tech-science/-129588-man-dies-while-charging-iphone-in-bath/

—   Share news in the SOC. Networks

Topical videos:

This is interesting!