Sport Benitez won't be drawn on contract talks but insists Newcastle are stronger

02:00  11 august  2018
02:00  11 august  2018 Source:   readsport.co

Benitez confirms Hayden will remain a Newcastle player

  Benitez confirms Hayden will remain a Newcastle player Newcastle boss Rafa Benitez has confirmed that midfielder Isaac Hayden will remain with the club this season, as reported by The Shields Gazette. Hayden had asked to leave St James’ Park this summer, citing “family reasons” as the principle reason for handing in a transfer request. Having started in Newcastle’s game against Braga on Wednesday night in Portugal, Hayden held further talks with Benitez regarding his future. Now following those talks, Benitez is confident that the 23-year old will remain on Tyneside this season, despite reported interest from Brighton. When asked if Hayden would remain a Newcastle player this summer, as reported by The Shields Gazette, Benitez said: “Yeah, I think so.” “He knows that he has to stay and he was working hard (against Braga).” “So, it’s just a question of maybe these 10 days and when you finish the transfer window the players start realising it’s where we are and we have to perform. That’s it.

NEWCASTLE have released a statement defending the club's transfer business ahead of their Premier League opener with Tottenham - but Rafa Benitez wasn' t so keen to discuss his contract situation earlier today.

Newcastle to open contract talks with boss rafa benitez over new deal to repair relationship with owner mike ashley. Raf ideaNewcastle to open contract

Newcastle boss Rafa Benitez has insisted that he wants to concentrate on ensuring the club maintain their Premier League status this season, and won’t be distracted by contract talks.

Once again, the former Real Madrid manager has endured a frustrating transfer window in which he wasn’t able to strengthen as much as he’d have liked to.

Rafael Benitez wearing a suit and tie: Tony Marshall/Getty Images Sport © Tony Marshall/Getty Images Sport Tony Marshall/Getty Images Sport

The Spaniard cooly played down negative talk about the club’s transfer business, but when asked about whether his own personal contract situation would become a distraction, Benitez was quick to dismiss such claims.

'Calm' Benitez keen to forget transfer frustrations

  'Calm' Benitez keen to forget transfer frustrations With Tottenham visiting St James' Park on Saturday, Rafael Benitez says the time for complaining about Newcastle United's business is over.Rafael Benitez is keen to move on from another frustrating transfer window and insists he has confidence his Newcastle United squad can compete in the Premier League this season.

Talks about extending Rafa Benitez ’s contract at Newcastle have been put on hold until the club knows which division it will be playing in next season. His relationship with Newcastle ’s supporters remains strong and he has plans to develop Newcastle ’s academy, which further point towards him

Toon boss wants assurances from owner Mike Ashley over transfer plans but is holding talks with players whose contracts will be up. Rafa Benitez insists his focus for the moment is on reaching 40 points and safety.

As reported by the Belfast Telegraph, Benitez said:

“I don’t think so.”

“We have time to do things and I don’t need to explain at every press conference that we have talked. We know now is the time to relax a little bit and concentrate on the games. Then we have plenty of time to talk about that.”

“It is not the right time to talk about that. I am happy here. I want to be sure that we can compete. We start tomorrow. That is it.”

Despite fans in general appearing disappointed in the lack of transfer business on Tyneside this summer, Benitez, along with Lee Charnley and Jamaal Lascelles, put their name to a statement that claimed they believe the squad is now stronger than it was last year. The statement said:

“Doing good business in a transfer window is about ending the window clearly stronger than when you started and we believe we have done this.”

“The view we all share is that we have a better squad now than the one that finished 10th last season and all involved have worked tirelessly to make this happen.”

Newcastle United v FC Augsburg - Pre-Season Friendly © Tony Marshall/Getty Images Sport Newcastle United v FC Augsburg - Pre-Season Friendly

Newcastle, Everton and Southampton considering Jullien move .
Newcastle, Everton and Southampton are all said to be considering moves for Toulouse defender Christopher Jullien. Goal’s Robin Bairner claims that all three Premier League sides are keeping close tabs on his situation, with the player believed to be available for a fee in the region of €10 million. Previous reports have suggested that a host of foreign clubs could be interested in the defender. Bundesliga sides are believed to be have held talks over a potential move for the former French youth international. The player is being tipped to make a move away from the Ligue 1 side this summer after an impressive campaign. Rafa Benitez has already strengthened defensively this summer through the signing of Fabian Schar, who joined from Deportivo La Coruna. The Spaniard is known to be working on a small budget in the North East, but Juillien could be seen as a realistic transfer target for the Magpies.

Source: http://uk.pressfrom.com/news/sport/-274869-benitez-wont-be-drawn-on-contract-talks-but-insists-newcastle-are-stronger/

—   Share news in the SOC. Networks
This is interesting!