The page you are looking for is temporarily unavailable.
Please try again later

Sport Barkley close to being ready for Chelsea debut, says Conte

20:05  12 january  2018
20:05  12 january  2018 Source:   goal.com

Barkley to have Chelsea medical today

  Barkley to have Chelsea medical today Ross Barkley is due to undergo a Chelsea medical today and is being predicted to complete a switch to Stamford Bridge by the end of the day. Paul Joyce of The Times reports that the player is closing in on a move to the current Premier League champions for a fee believed to be £15 million. Twitter: Ross Barkley to have medical today at Chelsea. Fee in region of £15m (@_pauljoyce) The player has been a long-term target for Chelsea, who came close to securing a deal for the player in the summer. Barkley turned down a big-money move to Chelsea at the last minute as he wanted to focus on his recovery. The midfielder is yet to feature for Everton this season but is believed to be back to full fitness. Chelsea head coach Antonio Conte is in the market for reinforcements during January and Barkley would be available in the Champions League.

Chelsea manager Antonio Conte is hoping to hand Ross Barkley his debut for the club as quickly as he can. Chelsea came close to landing Barkley in the summer transfer window, only for the player to pull the plug in the middle of a medical.

Antonio Conte says that the EFL Cup tie against Arsenal is too soon for Ross Barkley to make his debut , and Result: Norwich City hold Chelsea in FA Cup. Conte : ' Barkley not ready to make debut ' Conte 1. Arsenal ' close to signing Boca winger'. 2. Conte : 'Feud with Mourinho is now personal'. 3.

Ross Barkley - cropped © Provided by Goal Ross Barkley - cropped

Antonio Conte believes Ross Barkley could be ready to make his Chelsea debut next week in the FA Cup third-round replay against Norwich City.

Barkley, who joined Chelsea from Everton last week, is still recovering from a hamstring injury that has prevented him from making a competitive appearance this season.

"He is working very hard and I think that maybe the next game against Norwich, he could be available, in contention," said Conte at a news conference on Friday.

"I hope so. He is not ready 100 per cent, but I think he can start to help us for the rest of the season."

Barkley a good prospect for us - Conte

  Barkley a good prospect for us - Conte Antonio Conte believes Ross Barkley is a "good prospect" for Chelsea, after confirming the midfielder is close to joining from Everton.Antonio Conte believes Ross Barkley is a "good prospect" for Chelsea, after confirming the midfielder is close to completing a move from Everton to Stamford Bridge.

Chelsea manager Antonio Conte is hoping to hand Ross Barkley his debut for the club as quickly as he can. Barkley ‘a good prospect for Chelsea ’, says Conte with £15m transfer - uk24.world. Sport. Chelsea close to Barkley deal – Conte | Betting-Tips4U - betting-tips4u.com.

Ross Barkley could make Chelsea debut vs Norwich, says Antonio Conte . ‘I think the idea is more clear now,’ Conte is quoted in the Metro. ‘We must be satisfied with his physical condition.

Conte also provided an update on the future of Baba Rahman, after Schalke confirmed they were in talks over a loan move for the full-back on Thursday.

"Baba is recovering from an injury and I haven't had the possibility to see him in training with us, only once or twice, but he wasn't ready to have a full training session with us," said Conte.

"Now he's recovering, I think that [Schalke] could be an interesting option for the player, to try to recover with them."

Chelsea face Leicester City in the Premier League on Saturday, with Conte wary of the threat posed by Claude Puel's side.

"I think Leicester is a really good team, a strong team in really good form and for us it will be very difficult," added the Italian, despite the fact the Foxes have won only one of their last seven matches in all competitions.

"Maybe Leicester is the worst team to face in this moment for us."

Conte: Jose feud is personal .
Antonio Conte has insisted his feud with Jose Mourinho is personal and that nobody should intervene. The Chelsea boss has vowed "I won't forget" Mourinho's criticism, after the Manchester United manager hit out at Conte over match-fixing.Conte branded Mourinho a "little man" after Chelsea's goalless FA Cup third round draw at Norwich on Saturday, and has now stood by those comments.The former Juventus boss insisted he has no regrets over hitting back at Mourinho, but moved to shut down any further discussion of the two managers' falling out.

Source: http://uk.pressfrom.com/news/sport/-233434-barkley-close-to-being-ready-for-chelsea-debut-says-conte/

—   Share news in the SOC. Networks

Topical videos:

This is interesting!