Sport Sanchez focused on Chelsea clash, says Wenger amid Man City report

22:20  10 january  2018
22:20  10 january  2018 Source:   Goal.com

Conte: No transfer talk with Man Utd and City target Alexis

  Conte: No transfer talk with Man Utd and City target Alexis The Arsenal forward's next move remains the subject of huge debate and the man in charge at Stamford Bridge says his future will be "in a great club"Chelsea manager Antonio Conte has reiterated his "great admiration" for Alexis Sanchez, but said he was not attempting to lure the Arsenal forward to Stamford Bridge when the two were pictured in conversation earlier this week.

Access is denied. Wenger sets deadline for Arsenal duo Sanchez and Ozil.

Warning! JagsReport.com has expired. If this is your domain name you must renew it immediately before it is deleted and permanently removed from your account. To renew this domain name visit http://www.NameBright.com.

AlexisSanchez - cropped © Provided by Goal AlexisSanchez - cropped

Arsene Wenger explained his decision to leave Alexis Sanchez on the bench for Arsenal's EFL Cup semi-final clash with Chelsea as "the decision of the day".

Chile forward Sanchez has been heavily linked with a move to Manchester City and The Guardian reported on Tuesday that the Premier League leaders have lodged an initial £20million bid for a player who is out of contract at the end of the season.

Speaking to Sky Sports before the first-leg meeting with Chelsea at Stamford Bridge, Wenger insisted the 29-year-old was focused on the task at hand.

"You cannot explain every single decision. That is the decision of the day," he said.

"Of course, he is completely focused. He has given a lot recently."

Sanchez played no part in Sunday's 4-2 FA Cup defeat at Nottingham Forest, which leaves the EFL Cup as Arsenal's remaining realistic prospect of domestic silverware this season.

In 21 appearances across all competitions this season, Sanchez has scored eight goals. His sole outing in the EFL Cup came in the third-round win at Doncaster Rovers.

City ready to make £25 million move for Alexis Sanchez .
The Daily Mail reports that Pep Guardiola is ready to test Arsenal’s resolve with a bid for Alexis Sanchez. With the forward out of contract in the summer, Arsene Wenger may be prepared to cash in, with Sanchez free to leave at the end of the season. The Gunners will have to weigh up whether they want to keep Sanchez for their top four challenge but risk losing money when their number 7 can leave on a free in the summer window. They face the same situation with their other star man, Mesut Ozil. With the valuable pair both unlikely to sign any new contracts at the Emirates, clubs like Man City could take advantage of this and get their man for a reduced fee. City are looking to strengthen their attacking options, with Gabriel Jesus ruled out for around three months with a knee injury and will be looking to land the Chilean attacker after failing with a deadline day move in August. The 29-year-old has been a standout player since joining Arsenal in 2014 from Barcelona, where he played under the current City boss and has also impressed on the international scene with Chile. It could be an expensive window for The Citizens with Guardiola looking to strengthen his back line as well. Big money targets such as Inigo Martinez and Samuel Umtiti have come up on their radar.

Source: http://uk.pressfrom.com/news/sport/-233074-sanchez-focused-on-chelsea-clash-says-wenger-amid-man-city-report/

—   Share news in the SOC. Networks

Topical videos:

This is interesting!