Sport Former Newcastle coach charged over historic sex abuse allegations

01:31  20 may  2017
01:31  20 may  2017 Source:   Press Association

Kesha to revisit abuse allegations for deposition

  Kesha to revisit abuse allegations for deposition Kesha has been subpoenaed to sit for a filmed deposition to address the sexual assault allegations she has made against producer Dr. Luke. The pop star is currently locked in a bitter legal battle with her former mentor and hitmaker, real name Lukasz Gottwald, after claiming he physically and emotionally abused her during their 10-year musical partnership. She recently lost her bid to terminate the Kemosabe Records contract she signed with Luke, but she is still fighting him in court after he countersued Kesha and her mother, Pebe Sebert. He has vehemently denied the accusations against him and maintains the mother-daughter duo made up the claims in a desperate bid to wriggle out of Kesha's recording contract, which is owned by Sony. Now, the Timber singer has been ordered to revisit her alleged abuse under oath for an on-camera deposition in a New York court in June (16), according to DailyMail.co.uk. The court date could bring Kesha face-to-face with Dr. Luke for the first time since launching her legal action in 2014. Representatives for the pair have yet to comment on the news, which emerges three days after Kesha made her performance comeback during a surprise set at the Coachella music festival in California. The pop star joined DJ Zedd during his show on Saturday (16Apr16), when she belted out an emotionally-charged version of the electronic artist's track True Colours.

Northumbria Police have charged former Newcastle youth team coach George Ormond with 29 counts of sexual offences between 1973 and 1988. Related Scotland Yard among forces assessing allegations of sex abuse in football.

Northumbria Police have charged former Newcastle youth team coach George Ormond with 29 counts of sexual offences between 1973 and 1988. In a statement, assistant chief constable Darren Best said: "We have had a dedicated team investigating allegations of non-recent child abuse within

Former Newcastle coach George Ormond has been charged over historic sex abuse allegations: St James' Park File Photo © PA WIRE St James' Park File Photo Northumbria Police have charged former Newcastle youth team coach George Ormond with 29 counts of sexual offences between 1973 and 1988.

The 61-year-old, who lives in Newton Abbot, is due to appear before Newcastle Magistrates' Court on Friday, June 9. 

In a statement, assistant chief constable Darren Best said: "We have had a dedicated team investigating allegations of non-recent child abuse within the sporting community since December last year.

"Our specially-trained officers have been supporting those who have taken the hugely brave step of speaking to us. Our investigations are continuing and we urge anyone who may have been a victim of abuse or has any information about suspected abuse within any sporting community to come forward and report it to us."

Ex-DJ Jonathan King charged with 18 sex attacks on boys .
<p>King has been released on bail by Surrey Police, to appear at Westminster Magistrates’ Court on June 26.</p>The 72-year-old, of Bayswater, central London, is accused of the sex attacks between 1970 and 1986 when the victims were aged between 14 and 16.

Source: http://uk.pressfrom.com/news/sport/-159775-former-newcastle-coach-charged-over-historic-sex-abuse-allegations/

—   Share news in the SOC. Networks

Topical videos:

This is interesting!